Learning Tools for OneNote Release Notes
Version 22.214.171.124 (July 2021)
- Fix Dictation sign-in to not prompt for two-factor authentication
Version 126.96.36.199 (January 2019)
- New design is now available for Windows 10, which also includes new features such as Line Focus. Get it now.
Version 188.8.131.52 (May 2018)
- Added Syllables, Nouns, Verbs and Adjectives functionality for Russian.
- Create 'Report a Problem' help requests through an online portal rather than by sending email.
Version 184.108.40.206 (February 2018)
- Added Syllables, Nouns, Verbs and Adjectives functionality for 4 new languages - Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian-Bokmal and Swedish.
- Added a new Ask the Community item in the Help menu.
Version 220.127.116.11 (October 2017)
- Added Nouns, Verbs and Adjectives functionality for 3 new languages - Danish, Italian and Portuguese-Brazil.
- Improved accuracy of Verbs for English and German.
- Languages for Immersive Reader Syllables, Nouns, Verbs and Adjectives are now optional features in the installer. Now, only English, French, German and Spanish are installed by default. Additional languages can be selected during installation.
Version 18.104.22.168 (August 2017)
- Added Syllables functionality for 4 new languages - Danish, Dutch, Finnish and Portuguese.
- Added Nouns, Verbs and Adjectives functionality for 3 new languages - French, German and Spanish.
- Improved Nouns, Verbs and Adjectives accuracy for English.
Version 22.214.171.124 (June 2017)
- Improved Syllables accuracy for English.
- Added Syllables functionality for 4 new languages - French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Improved word detection and highlighting for Chinese and Japanese languages.
- Transitioned to Helpshift for Support email.
Version 126.96.36.199 (May 2017)
- Added Japanese language for Dictation.
- Fixed an issue where multiple Reader windows would open and cause display issues with the color theme highlighting.
- Telemetry updates.
Version 188.8.131.52 (March 2017)
- Fixed a setup issue where the installer was not correctly detecting that OneNote was installed.
- Updated the Help and Feedback menu buttons with more meaningful descriptions.
Version 184.108.40.206 (January 2017)
- Added 6 new UI languages - Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese, Korean, Thai and Hindi.
- Added 3 new Dictation languages - Chinese, Portuguese (Brazil) and Russian.
- Updated Dictation so people can say the punctuation they want. For example, when they say 'exclamation mark', they'll get '!'.
- Improved the reading of Chinese text by falling back to more appropriate voices for the various language regions when the correct voices are not installed.
- Improved Reader support for some lesser used languages.
- Added a Dictation microphone-specific error message and only display the first error that occurs.
- Changed the update check to not show the Update button on the ribbon for IT-based installs.
- Enable the 'Close OneNote' prompt to be displayed for IT-based installs.
- Reduced the Reader warning text size to eliminate a scrollbar in the warning dialog.
- Updated the Reader voice menu button icon.
- Added a new update prompt that shows update release notes details.
- Fixed an issue with Reader scrolling contention between user scrolling and word highlighting during playback.
- Fixed an issue where Learning Tools ribbon buttons were not working on Windows 8 machines because the Universal C Runtime was not installed.
- Fixed an issue where all the text on a page may not appear in the Reader, particularly if it was the last section of text in a paragraph that appeared after a word with bold, italics, or other font styles applied.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong voice was being displayed in the voice selection dropdown if the voice menu was opened after selecting between 2 sections of text in the same language family, e.g. between English (United States) and English (United Kingdom).
- Fixed a crash during Reader playback that could occur for various voices.
- Fixed an issue where multiple error dialogs are shown when errors occur during Dictation sign-in.
- Fixed an issue where the Dictation sign-in dialog was opening behind OneNote and was not coming to the foreground.
Version 220.127.116.11 (August 2016)
- Resolved an issue that was causing high background CPU usage.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the Update button to not be shown on Windows 7.
Version 18.104.22.168 (August 2016)
- Resolved an issue with the Learning Tools ribbon buttons not working on some machines.
- Bug fixes in the localized user interface.
Version 22.214.171.124 (July 2016)
- This is the General Availability release of Learning Tools. The Learning Tools add-in is no longer in "Customer Preview" for English.
- New languages supported in the Learning Tools user interface (34 languages).
- Support for multiple text-to-speech languages on a single page of text (e.g. French and German). Any language will be read with a language-appropriate voice if installed.
- Support for new Dictation languages, including English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. You can select dictation languages from an improved speech menu.
- New color themes.
- Improved ease of use to choose text-to-speech voices.
- Improved accessibility and touch.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Version 0.2.14.0 (April 2016)
- Ink recognition and reading in Immersive Reader.
- Combination of 32-bit and 64-bit download.
- Reduced download size.
- Setup improvements.
Version 0.1.0.0 (January 2016)
- Enhanced dictation.
- Focus mode.
- Immersive Reader.
- Font spacing and short lines.
- Parts of speech highlighting (nouns, verbs, and adjectives).
- Comprehension mode (verbs and subordinate clauses).
- OCR support in Immersive Reader (e.g. Office Lens text).